At Grounded Kiwi, we are thrilled to introduce our range of Red Light Therapy products to enhance your journey towards a healthier lifestyle.
With thousands of published medical studies supporting its benefits, Red Light Therapy, also known as photobiomodulation (PBM), has proven to be a non-invasive therapy with positive effects on various aspects of our well-being, including sleep, anti-aging, mood, autoimmune conditions, exercise recovery, and much more.
But what exactly is Red Light Therapy?
It involves delivering specific wavelengths of red and near-infrared light, akin to natural sunlight, to your skin and cells. This therapy stimulates cellular energy production by strengthening the mitochondria—the powerhouse of our cells—to generate adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the molecule responsible for storing and transferring energy within our cells.
Mitochondrial dysfunction can occur due to aging, external toxins, injuries, and various ailments, which can hinder cellular function and healing.
Red Light Therapy offers a natural, holistic solution by optimizing cellular conditions, improving circulation, and reducing inflammation, ultimately aiding in skin repair, pain relief, immune support, and overall performance enhancement.
Red Light Therapy utilizes a combination of visible red light and invisible near-infrared light. The visible red light, with wavelengths ranging from mid 600nm to 800nm, stimulates collagen and elastin production while enhancing communication between cells. It primarily benefits the skin by promoting restoration and repair for various skin conditions.
The reported health benefits of Red Light Therapy are extensive and diverse. Here are some of the key advantages:
- Pain and Inflammation Relief: Red Light Therapy improves blood flow, antioxidant activity, and inflammatory markers, providing relief from chronic pain, joint pain, back pain, and fibromyalgia symptoms.
- Skin Health and Appearance: By boosting blood flow and stimulating collagen-producing cells, Red Light Therapy enhances complexion, reduces fine lines and wrinkles, and improves various skin conditions such as acne, scars, inflammation, burns, sun damage, and skin discolouration.
- Eczema and Psoriasis Relief: Red Light Therapy accelerates healing and reduces inflammation, leading to significant improvements in conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
- Wound Healing: By increasing circulation and delivering more oxygen and healing nutrients, Red Light Therapy promotes the formation of new blood vessels and tissues, aiding in faster and more effective wound healing.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Management: Red Light Therapy improves circulation, reducing numbness and pain associated with diabetic neuropathy.
- Exercise Performance and Recovery: Red Light Therapy enhances muscle strength, reduces fatigue and damage, and lowers lactic acid production, leading to improved exercise performance and faster recovery.
- Arthritis and Joint Health Support: Red Light Therapy reduces inflammation, boosts collagen synthesis, and promotes cartilage regeneration, providing relief from joint pain, stiffness, and swelling associated with arthritis.
- Bone Healing: Targeted Red Light Therapy treatments penetrate and reach bone tissue, accelerating cellular energy, circulation, blood vessel formation, and collagen synthesis, promoting faster bone repair.
- Hair Growth Stimulation: Red Light Therapy increases circulation in the scalp and hair follicles, encouraging natural hair growth in both men and women.
- Headache and Migraine Relief: The anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving effects of Red Light Therapy make it effective in reducing the frequency and severity of headaches and migraines.
These are just a few of the many benefits of Red Light therapy.
You can find our range of RLT products here
Links to the research:
Non-invasive diagnostic evaluation of phototherapeutic effects of red light phototherapy of acne vulgaris: Link
Evaluation of scars in children after treatment with low-level laser: Link
Low-level laser (light) therapy (LLLT) in skin: stimulating, healing, restoring: Link
Evaluation of the low-level laser therapy application parameters for skin burn treatment in experimental model: a systematic review: Link
The use of light-emitting diode therapy in the treatment of photoaged skin: Link
Combination 830-nm and 633-nm light-emitting diode phototherapy shows promise in the treatment of recalcitrant psoriasis: preliminary findings: Link
Effects of low-power light therapy on wound healing: LASER x LED: Link
Low level laser therapy for rheumatoid arthritis: Link
The Effect of Low-Level Laser in Knee Osteoarthritis: A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial: Link